Classic Rock 104.5
A Convergent Broadcasting Station
615 N. Upper Broadway
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
Studio Line: 361-814-1045
Business Line: 361-814-3800
Toll Free Number: 1-866-494-6101
Advertising contact-Kent Cooper
Program Director: Kevin McCoy
Convergent Broadcasting, LLC
Standard Contest Rules Applicable to All Contests
• No purchase is required to play or win on any of the Convergent Broadcasting, LLC
stations, which include: KKPN, KPUS & KAJE, Corpus Chisti, TX.
• All contestants must be permanent residents of the state of Texas and may be asked to provide Convergent Broadcasting, LLC with a valid form of identification and Social Security number.
• All contestants must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for contests that are
not affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor, or that include hotel accommodations and/or air travel.
• All contestants must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor.
• One entry per household. A “household” is determined as any individuals residing at the same address. After winning a contest on a Convergent Broadcasting, LLC station, the individual/household is ineligible to win all other contests on a Convergent Broadcasting, LLC station for a period of thirty (90) days. All individuals/households receiving a prize(s) valued at equal to or greater than $600.00 from a Convergent Broadcasting, LLC station may be issued a 1099 Federal Income Tax Form by Convergent Broadcasting, LLC.
• For telephone contests. In the event a caller is disconnected during a contest before his/her name and phone number is recorded, then the prize will be awarded to the next caller whose name and phone number are recorded. The person operating the telephone at the Convergent Broadcasting, LLC station has the final decision as to who is the winning caller. • For contests requiring an entry, they may be e-mailed to contest specific address on the Convergent Broadcasting, LLC stations website: 1073jakefm.com, classicrock1045.com, planet1023.com. All entries become property of Convergent Broadcasting, LLC and will not be returned. Convergent Broadcasting, LLC reserves the right to retain any or all contest materials for any reason that Convergent Broadcasting, LLC deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising. Convergent Broadcasting, LLC shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
• Any specific rules and/or restrictions pertaining to individual contests (entry dates, a limit on number or words on an entry, etc.) will be disclosed in on-air announcements.
• Prizes must be picked up at the designated office of Convergent Broadcasting, LLC during regular business hours within thirty (30) days of notification to the winner, or the prizes will be forfeited. Convergent Broadcasting, LLC assumes no liability for the delivery of prizes.
• In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), Convergent Broadcasting, LLC delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as Convergent Broadcasting, LLC awarding the prize to the winner. Convergent Broadcasting, LLC shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Convergent Broadcasting, LLC shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
• The Convergent Broadcasting, LLC stations, all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any station contest or prizes awarded in any station contest. Winners may be required to sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize.
• Winners consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with the station for publicity purposes. Employees and families of Convergent Broadcasting, LLC, all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible. Employees of all other area radio stations and household members of such individuals are not eligible.
• All prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Convergent Broadcasting, LLC reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. Convergent Broadcasting, LLC cannot be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of concerts/events or transportation caused by weather, promoter or performer.
• Winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Winner may be issued a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won in contests from Convergent Broadcasting, LLC and/or participating co-sponsors exceeds $600.00.
• Convergent Broadcasting, LLC assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. Convergent Broadcasting, LLC their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
• The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on Convergent Broadcasting, LLC stations websites:
1. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
2. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of Convergent Broadcasting, LLC, as defined at the exclusive discretion of Convergent Broadcasting, LLC management.
3. Any problems with the internet or email are not Convergent Broadcasting, LLC’s responsibility
• All giveaways and contests are void where prohibited by law. All local, state and federal regulations apply. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, Convergent Broadcasting, LLC reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of Convergent Broadcasting, LLC management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant Convergent Broadcasting, LLC reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the contest rules have been violated in any way. Convergent Broadcasting, LLC reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. All decisions of Convergent Broadcasting, LLC are final.
• A copy of these rules are available during regular business hours at Convergent Broadcasting, LLC:
615 N. Upper Broadway
Corpus Christi, TX 78401